Monday, July 9, 2012

~Product to Wedding Inspiration~



I wanted to share with you an aspect of our product creation at Ticket Booth No.92.


When I am making a product, whether it is a new item or for a custom order, I like to think about the BIG PICTURE!  This leads to me to ask myself questions like these... 


What would this wedding look like? 
What would the colors be? 
What textures would the guests be able to touch and feel?
How does the product I'm creating fit into the overall design of a wedding?


…And with the wonderful world of Etsy, Pinterest, and various wedding blogs, I can begin to paint the "history" of our products.  For example, take our burlap bag design


I like to dub this style "RUSTIC ROMANCE"--so I imagine the rough texture of the burlap in juxtaposition with the soft, light colors of peaches, mint greens, pale yellows, and lavender.  I put together an inspiration board below to show you exactly what I'm talking about.


1. Beautiful bouquet via  Ruffled
2. Burlap flower on the soft, icing of a cake?! QUE BONITA! via Ever So Lovely
3. Burlap curtains framing the reception area via A Low Country Wedding
4. Perfectly turquoise accent for any wedding decor via Color World


I just love these shades of turquoise, peach, and lavender in the Bride's bouquet! It really softens up the burlap, making each accent piece to the right look like it has been around for well over a hundred years!  (Excluding the cake, I like my cakes to be a little more fresh than 100 years old.) 


It's also SO EASY to incorporate those rustic accents of "yester-years" into any aspect of your wedding! It's those little details (like in the pictures below) that add to that BIG PICTURE I'm always thinking about!  Those little details, like the lace on the bottom of the cupcakes, or a rustic "just picked" peach atop a cake create a world for your guests to not just P-A-R-T-Y in, but to always remember the warmth of family, friends, & decor!




5. This would be a great item for your guests to put your wedding cards in! via BeMarried
6. When I saw these cupcakes, I nearly passed out! Kraft paper, lavender, & LACE?! Too much for my little heart to take in…! via Benj Haisch-Wedding/Portrait Photographer
7. THIS CAKE…THIS.CAKE. I just can't stand it! ADORABLE! via Lael (Custom Vegan & Gluten-Free Cakes) 
8. This would be a perfect set-up for a PHOTO BOOTH at your wedding! via Pinterest
9. The food at a wedding can also be cute and play into the overall decor of your wedding, like these little drinks!  via Style Me Pretty


I hope this "Wedding Inspiration" post inspires YOU to incorporate some of these "little rustic details" into your own special day! 

XOXOXO
Heather













No comments:

Post a Comment